75+ Google Reviews for the Law Firm of Kevin P. Sheerin
Kevin Sheerin represents Candidates who receive NYPD psychological disqualifications. Psychological evaluations utilize various courses to determine a candidate’s suitability.
The written psychological exam is only one portion of a candidate’s exam. The procedures listed below are used to integrate findings from the written psychological exam with that of the psychological evaluation.
The California Peace Officer Psychological Screening manual or POST is one of the most comprehensive screening manuals used for law enforcement positions. POST utilizes a five step process as set forth below, when considering a candidate’s qualification:
- To determine if a candidate’s written responses were inconsistent or if candidate over-reported or underreported problems.
- To evaluate a candidate’s responses against the general population and against the Peace Officer candidate population’s responses.
- To evaluate a candidate’s personal history from all sources. These sources could be school, work or psychological history. To determine if the written test scores corroborate a candidate’s personal history.
- To determine how the oral psychological observations of the interviewing psychologist compared to test scores in personal history.
- To take a candidate’s written scores, personal history and clinical observations to either support or oppose the candidate’s suitability for the position.
Based on the above, the psychological evaluation is more than just a written exam. There are responses on the written exam that could trigger strong concerns for a candidate’s suitability. More often though it is the combination of written testing, personal history and the in person oral psychological interview taken together and evaluated together that determine a candidate’s suitability.
Kevin is an experienced civil service disqualification appeals attorney, with extensive knowledge on how to appeal your Disqualification. Over the years he has helped many clients win their appeal. He can help you too.
If you have questions about your NYPD disqualification and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact Kevin at 516-248-0040.
Facebook: Law_Office_of Kevin_P._Sheerin
My podcast about New York State Civil Service Law issues is: www.newyorkstatecivilservicelawattorneypodcast.com