Dimension 7: Emotional Regulation/Stress Tolerance:
Emotional Regulation/Stress Tolerance involves the ability to maintain composure and stay in control, even during high pressure emergency events and other stressful situations. It also requires taking negative aspects of the job in stride and maintaining an even temperament, as well as accepting criticism without becoming defensive or having it to hamper job performance. It includes:
• Accepting/owning personal limitations and mistakes;
• The ability to perform under difficult, threatening situations;
• Maintaining a positive self-image under adverse circumstances;
• Maintaining an even-tempered composure and demeanor; and
• The ability to properly use force.
For more information regarding POST Personality-Based Competencies, click the link below:
Peace Officer Psychological Screening Manual
If you failed your NYPD Psychological Evaluation or have been disqualified for any reason and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact Kevin Sheerin at 516 248 0040.
Facebook: Law_Office_of Kevin_P._Sheerin