If you are disqualified from a New York City job such as painter, electrician, computer specialist or other jobs you can appeal.

Often your first appeal will be to the Committee on Manifest Errors- CME. If the CME denies your appeal your next appeal would be to the New York City Civil Service Commission. You must create specific, fact based arguments with precise details such as dates, times, agencies or departments and tasks perform to satisfy the experience portion of experience and educations positions. Vague or incomplete information will result in a disqualification.

If you receive a notice to appeal to the CME or New York City Civil Service Commission contact us to discuss your case.

kevin@sheerinlaw.com or call 516.248.3494

Visit www.sheerinlaw.com for more civil service disqualification appeals information

See www.attorneyforteachers.com for more cases about teacher employment law and discipline defense issues.